2.25.2012

Breakfast in Bed gift idea.





We were invited to a couple's wedding shower with a fun theme of






"THE COUPLE'S FIRSTS".




I didn't find anything on their registry that I was inspired by that I could work off of this theme, so I decided to branch out and shoot for a




"BREAKFAST IN BED" theme or
(going with the party theme)





"First way to say 'I'm sorry for last night'.

http://www.pier1.com/Catalog/Dining/tabid/977/CategoryId/896/ProductId/5721/ProductName/White-Silver-Tray/language/en-US/Default.aspx




I knew I needed a tray to give this gift somewhat of a direction. This white tray was just right considering it was fresh, springy, not too masculine nor feminine, and not too shocking if it was not within the couple's home decor.



After finding the tray, I assumed I needed to keep everything white and minimal. I picked up 2 round plates, 2 small bowls (for fruit possibly), a small single serving butter dish, 2 coffee mugs, 2 juice glasses, 1 small carafe (creamer), (www.pier1.com) and a quality set of linen napkins. (www.tjmaxx.com)



Now time for the accessories to personalize the gift and really show that I put thought into the gift. The breakfast element: a pre-made pack of scone mix (something easy that even the groom can make!) and a gourmet jam. (www.williams-sonoma.com)







I found a set of 4 linen napkins for under $15 at TjMaxx! Adding a soft texture is a must!



Tie up a New York Times newspaper with a bow, or even use as a foundation on the bottom of the tray for an obvious connection to what the gift is all about.








Toss in a flower and ta-da, you've got one thought out gift that could save the bride or groom after their first spat. :)


*side note- I kept everything neatly on the tray (as shown), and placed it in 1 big box stuffed with paper. Then wrapped it up in another New York Times to introduce the concept from the beginning.






Do you have any other ideas that you would've added, or a different direction you could've gone?


Pancakes + Syrup? Fruit + Oatmeal? Coffee and Cake? I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I just purchased a breakfast in bed tray off of a friend's wedding registry and decided to search for ideas to make the gift a little more special. Your ideas are exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest