1.15.2012

judging a book by its cover

No really. It's ok to judge a book by it's cover. Really!



When it comes to home styling, I LOVE the nostalgic feel of using books to add color, height, prints, and words to a room.



You can find me at least twice a month, hitting used book stores (half price books is a fave) and local thrift stores scouring the book isle. Actually taking the time to strip the book of its protective paper cover, and seeing the bones of the book gives me so much joy when I do find just how beautiful the book truly is.








What I enjoy most about using books in my own space or as a vignette for a shoot, is the story it tells. Not the story that the author told, but creating the story YOU want to tell by the title or just the aesthetic of the hardback.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest